Sunday, March 29, 2009

from the mind of grace

a few thoughts that have been running through my mind.
well, it's just about official. i'm no longer a collings. man i had no idea how much work it took to change your last name. if only i could make one stop, fill out a form, and wham bam, thank you mam, have it be done. but noooo, i have to make a separate stop for every little stinking thing that is in my name. boy is it time consuming! and of course all of those "legal" type places aren't in and out kind of places. more like in, wait 30 minutes at least, then finally take care of business. ugh. now i know why people stay married. it's not for love, it's to avoid the hassle of changing your name again.
in other news, life seems like it's just about back to normal. i am getting used to the idea of being a married woman and having a husband. still feels weird to say "my husband" or be called a rawson, but i am enjoying nonetheless.
school is busy as ever. i have been second guessing my desire to go through 8 more semesters of studying, cramming, late nights, assignments. but as of now, i'm still in it. that is, if i get accepted to the program. so i have been waiting to hear something, anything from the nursing department about my application. on thursday, i get a message from an advisor in the nursing department saying someone has been trying to get a hold of me (calling, leaving voicemails, emailing) to schedule an interview. and that since they have not heard back from me, they assume i am withdrawing my application. i called the lady back and explained to her that i had not gotten any calls, voicemails, or emails from anyone and that of course i am not withdrawing my application. she apologized and then informed me that they were finishing up interviews that afternoon and asked if i could be there for an interview in 2 hours. holy moly! talk about winging it. but i think it went okay and rushing it didn't give me much time to stress about it. so anyway, they should be letting all the applicants know within the next couple weeks. so fingers crossed!
steve is out of work for the next month because he tore his rotator cuff and labral cartilage in his right shoulder when he slipped on some ice just before we got married. he is going to try PT for a month and try to avoid surgery. but if the PT doesn't work, then it looks like surgery might be the option. poor guy, it's killing him not to be able to work right now. he loves his job so much and i think he's going stir crazy sitting at home all the time. he can't even golf to fill his time.
so that's pretty much our life these days. the house is still coming together, slooooowly, but surely. it's fun to have projects, but on the other hand, i would like it to be all put together and decorated already.

1 notes:

jessi9380 said...

Ha! That's totally the reason people stay married! A friend of mine got divorced and you should see the hassle to re-change your name!!!
On a side note, I was pretty postal when we moved here, because apparently MI needs a copy of our marriage license because my last name isn't the one on my birth certificate. I was so absolutely livid I wanted to kill someone! I've been married for 4.5 years and have picture id with my married name on it! Not good enough. I couldn't go back to get my license for months because I was pissed for so long! :-)