Sunday, September 7, 2008

californ-i-a!


last week i took a week off of work and headed home to california for a visit. i hadn't been home since christmas and i was missing the beach so stinking much. i had an awesome time enjoying the sun (even though it was sooooo humid!), seeing friends and family, and just being on vacation. the beach is an awesome place and i truly love my hometown. i feel so lucky to have been raised there. but i must say, i don't miss living there. if anything, this trip home made me realize how much i love salt lake. i mean, it's gorgeous! we have it all, at least i think so. the mountains, lakes, the seasons, and the great outdoors in our backyard. i'm loving living here and i feel so grateful for the beauty that surrounds me.
a few pictures from the trip...
all the years i grew up in southern california, i never made it to dodger stadium...until now. dodgers vs. padres, dodgers won! it was a great time, and of course, great food.
...not to mention, a great view of an amazing sunset!
we went to lunch at this restaurant in newport and everytime i go there, there are hundreds of jellyfish in the water. it looks so cool!my future yacht in the background...maybe?

so now it's back to work, until i can plan the next trip! where to go, where to go???

3 notes:

Karen Ella said...

Thi-thi My Cat!?!? You're back in Utah?! Who knew? You look fabulous. I hope life is treating you well. Sad to say, I'm down here in stinkin Utah County, but it's where I'm supposed to be...oddly enough. (I just found your blog from Gebus's.) How bout a shout-out, eh? karenellacottle@gmail.com

Love ya!

jessi9380 said...

Those are all jellyfish?! That kind of creeps me out...
:-)

Traylor Family said...

I'm with you...I feel fortunate to have been raised in Newport, but dang...I'd NEVER go back! I love living in Tennessee with seasons and beauty and FRESH AIR!!! Although I wouldn't mind living in Utah either. We're considering moving back there when Jeremy is done with school.