Friday, October 31, 2008

happy halloween!

halloween is one of my favorite holidays. maybe because it marks the beginning of the holiday season. or maybe it's the pumpkin carving and pumpkin flavored treats. all the kids dressed up as their fascination of the moment, going door to door, giddy with anticipation of the loot they will get. i think it's a combination of all of the above.
so tonight, my sister got her kids all dressed up in their costumes and we tried to sneak a few pictures before they started their trick-or-treating time. it's a much more difficult task than it sounds, as the kids were just crawling out of their skin to run up to the first house. the last thing they wanted to do was pose nice and still for a picture...or 10.
finally, the time had come, and they left on their way. i was left at the house to be the designated candy-giver-outer, a job i love. it gives me a chance to sit in the front room, with candles lit, a blanket, a hot chocolate, and watch all the little kids come up and get candy. man are those kids adorable! and boy there sure are a lot of them! my sister lives in kaysville. a cute town full of families with young children. so all night, for about 3 hours straight, the doorbell kept going off. here is a picutre of the candy bowl before the madness...
and here is a picture of the end result...
amazing. in california, we lived in an area that was lucky to get 3 trick-or-treaters all night. so this is super fun for me.
the kids with all their loot...
i hope everyone had a safe and happy halloween. and LET THE HOLIDAY SEASON BEGIN!

addendum:we had a few stragglers after i posted this blog and the cauldron ended up getting emptied completely!

1 notes:

teri hales said...

Your niece and nephew look so stinking cute. I'm having a hard time today looking at all of the wonderful Halloween adventures from last night. I LOVE Halloween, and I'm usually the candy-giver at our house. I love decorating with pumpkins and mums, putting out candles and sipping hot cocoa. I feel like I've missed out on something special. But, hopefully, this will be the last time that happens. I'm so glad you got to enjoy your special night and take in the wonder of autumn.