Saturday, October 11, 2008

L-O-V-E

last night was possibly the best night of my life. why you ask? well, i got to spend it out with my sweetie, just him and me. i love those times. times when we don't have a million things to get done, or work to be at, and we can just do whatever we want, or nothing at all.
we have a favorite look out place in bountiful. you have to do a little "off roading" to get there, which only adds to the fun. the sunsets have been so gorgeous lately, we decided to go up there to watch the sunset. well yesterday was a bit chilly and the sky was more full of clouds than sunset, but it was still gorgeous.
as we were sitting there, in the bed of his truck, trying to keep each other warm, steve knelt down in front of me to block the wind. i just kept thinking, how chivalrous of him to try and keep me warm. he told me how much he loved me and how happy i made him. all of which i thought was really really sweet. but then he just kept saying it over and over again, and kind of started pacing around the truck, knealing down, then standing up and sitting next to me, then keanling down again. i kind of started wondering what was up with him. he just seemed nervous. "but maybe it's the cold" i thought. but it wasn't...finally, he simply ASKED ME TO MARRY HIM! holy crap. i was like "WHAT??! ARE YOU SERIOUS???" he said yes, and then pulled out the little blue box. my heart melted, and i started crying. that kid is seriously the best. and he makes me so happy. i am so excited that we get to be married and spend eternity together. i couldn't ask for a better partner to go through life with. here are a few pictures from the night. enjoy!

so i know you can't really see the ring. it's a thin band with a single diamond in the middle. perfect for me and my work. i absolutely LOVE IT! i should have done my nails though.

5 notes:

Traylor Family said...

Yay, I get to be the first comment. I'm SOOOOO happy for you. So are you still going to move in with your sister? When's the wedding? I can't wait to hear more about the plans and such.

Angela said...

awwww... i'm so happy for you #1!!!! so exciting!!!! keep me posted on all the details because if at ALL possible i would want to try to come out for the nuptials... if i'm invited, of course! :)

jessi9380 said...

Look at how cute you guys are, both with your red eyes! How nauseatingly cute! :-)
Why couldn't y'all get engaged while I was still out there?! No fair....Tell Steve I am not flying Rocco out to be his best man...sorry...

Karen Ella said...

YEA!!!!! I'm so excited for you Grace! (That's still weird for me.) Aw, my little Cici is all growed up and gettin married! Woo hooo! Seriously, so stinking excited for you. I saw on gmail that you "said yes" and about had a conniption. Took me a few days to realize I could come here to find out if the rumors flying around in my head were true. Sososososososooooo happy for you.

Paige said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so happy for you! I can't wait to see your ring at Bunko! You'll have to tell us all about it (I know I read it, but I still want to HEAR it!) and all the plans. So fun! Congrats!